Sunday, February 27, 2011

Blog Assignment 6

The Networked Student by Wendy Dexler

I love this video! I think it shows us how we can use all different kinds of tools through technology to advance our learning. It shows us how we can use different types of data bases, networks, and many online sources to broaden the use of the information we would recieve if we were only in a classroom. I thought that through this class I would need a teacher to tell me what to do and to help me, but it is very reassuring through a class online like EDM 310 that I am teaching myself throughout all the great teachnology I am learning about and learning how to use. I also think that we do need teachers to help us guide us when we stumble. I think that this is a great video! Thanks for sharing!
The network student needs a teacher to help them teach them about what they need to do and how to set up and learn about the networks and technology! Are we ready to be teachers for network students? I think that we will be when we are finished with our education and classes like EDM 310 will really help us and I am looking forward to other classes as well.

7th Graders Personal Learning Environment

I think how she has everything on one page cool on symbaloo. I am looking forward to making mine. I think it is different because she has everything right there infront of her on one page. I think that it is great that 7th graders have learned what we are trying to learn! It really still blows my mind how fast technology is growing!

Why Smartboard are a Dumb Initiative by Michael Staton
Michael Staton talks about how he does not like smartboards at all. He makes two different arguments about how he does not like them. The first argument is basically saying do not change the learning system it just makes everything more expensive and his second argument is saying that technology just wants our money.
Why I Hate Interactive Whiteboards by Bill Ferriter
Bill Ferriter is againist smartboards. He thinks that is a waste of money also.
The blog that i found that is for smart boards is http://www.teacherslovesmartboards.com/ Go and check this blog out! I love how they portray the smartboard. Yes the smartboards are expensive but I think that we need to spend money to advance our students learning skills through technology. I absolutely am for the smartboards although some people are not. I love reading the blog that i found and then the negative aspects of the smartboard by Michael Staton and Bill Ferriter but in my opinion I am for smartboards.


a picture of a smartboard

2 comments:

  1. Great post Nell. Initially, I thought the smart boards were a waste, but now that I can navigate them more easily and have seen them in the classroom, I am an advocate. Now that you have done your smatboard project, what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nell! I agree, to fully understand technology and why it's so important, we do need teachers to teach us and classes like this one. I think a lot of teachers who are against it, is because they didn't have classes on technology and no one has really taught them how to use it, a smart board was kind of just thrown in their classroom. I think it benefits in every way to the teacher and students. I taught myself how to use one by subbing in classes with them, and I was so confused! But after playing around with it and seeing what all they can do, I'm totally for it. Great post!

    ReplyDelete