Friday, February 11, 2011

Blog Assignment 4

Don't Teach Your Kids This Stuff. Please?

Dr. Scott McLeod wrote the post "Don't Teach Your Kids This Stuff. Please?" I think that he makes some relevant points about how children can access junk on the internet and how it is right infront of them, but there are many ways to get around it and have those blocked. Also, just because some children might do that does not mean all students will. I think that technology is a very great way to teach and will make more learning more fun and more effective! Thanks to Dr. McLeod for his thoughts. Dr. McLeod is the maker of  "Did You Know?"

iSchool Initiative

I just watched the video iSchool Initiative by a high school senior. He makes VERY good points about how saying goodbye to the old ways and saying hello to the new ways of technology. I think that this is a very smart idea especially coming from a highscool senior. Also, he is in the "now" of learning and knows what needs to be changed, so his perspective is very useful. I think that using technology is a great way to make learning more assessable and it would be a great way to save money in the schools. I think that higher education is just a "touch" away is a great idea!!!! I love this video!

Lost Generation

Ok... so can I start with that I love this video... I love how it captures your attention about it being negative at first and then bring it to a positive ending. I think the way that this video was set up was great. I do think we are in a lost generation and I do think that we can bring it back! I love this video!!!!

Eric Whitacre’s Virtual Choir

I think that this is very weird. That they have never rehearsed before together? I think that this is taking technology a little too far in my opinion. I think that this is absolute bazaar. This is taking so much out of a choir in my opinion. I used to be in a choir and I think that one of the parts was having friends and meeting new people and also doing something you love, but I do not like it just because of that. This just weirds me out. BIG TIME!!!

Teaching in the 21st Century

I love this video! It is great and makes some very good points using technology. I think that the way he portrays technology is great! One thing I love about this class is how a lot of people want change in the way of teaching and learning using technology and watching so many videos that gets that point across. I love that. I think his ideas are great!!! If you havent watched this video, you need too!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nell,

    In my Blog Post I also mentioned that technology can be used in negative ways. However, the good that technology can be used for outweighs the bad. I believe that there are ways the bad can be blocked and there are ways around using computers for bad things only. It is worth the risk of using computers because of all that they are able to do. The iSchool initiative is awesome! It is great that he is able to see the now of technology, like you said in your post. Like we are learning in this class, technology is changing and we need to learn as much as possible about it because it is our student’s futures.
    I am glad that I got to check out your blog! Feel free to look at mine:

    http://sasserbrittniedm310.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nell, good post, but I think you can make it brilliant by adding in more details about what you read or saw and your opinions with it. You did understand everything though!
    Amberly

    ReplyDelete