Monday, February 21, 2011

Blog Assignment # 5

picture of a Ipod





Judy Scharf Podcast Collection

I really liked this website and found it very helpful. There is so much information available about Podcasts. This website has everything from defining Podcast to step-by-step information on making your own Podcast. Since I had never done a Podcast before, this information is really helpful for when I make another Podcast. I believe that Podcasts are great for teachers to use. I think it makes learning more fun. Also, if a child were out sick then they could listen to the Podcast about the assignments for the day. This website also has tons of topics you can use for a Podcast. There are also different videos you can watch on this website about making Podcasts. I also liked that they had a Podcast rubric for grading students. This rubric would be very helpful for teachers to use. I really enjoyed this website.

100 Ways to Use Your Ipod to Learn and Study Better

This website is so cool! I always thought Ipods were just for listening to music. I didn't know you could use your Ipod in all these educational ways! This website has 24 different study guides you can download on your Ipod. It also has MANY differnt Podcasts you can listen to, tutorials, applications, classroom help, even MORE downloads and SO much more. This website truly has everything. I would definitely use this website in teaching my students about all the cool ways you can use your Ipod!

The Education Podcasting Network

The Education Podcasting Network (EPN) is another great website regarding information about Podcasts. This website defines what podcasting is. It also has many different Podcasts available to listen to categorized by grade (elementary, middle, high school) and by subjects. There are many subjects to chose from between current events to dance education and so much more! You can also suggests Podcasts you like and think is beneficial to this website and they may post it under one of the many subjects! This is a great website about Podcasts.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Nell!

    It was good to read about the different websites that you were able to use because we only have one website in common. We both thought "100 Ways to Use Your Ipod to Learn and Study Better" was a helpful website. I did not know that iPod's could be so useful in the classroom either. It was amazing to look through each link and see the different things that you are able to download. I clicked on a few of the links while reading through the website, just to see more of what they were about.

    Brittni Sasser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nell, that was a good assessment. I always appreciate educational websites that I have no idea about. Especially the iPod since I just got my first one a few months ago. Maybe I am behind but I am catching up. I like the EPN as well it's a great way to interact with other teachers as well as pick from other podcasts that you may want to use for a lesson some day. As for podcasting, it was pretty easy to make it but I wish I had read Judy's blog first to get way better ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nell,

    I'm glad that you have found that the website was helpful. Many people see that the podcast is great for students who are out sick that day. I think that it is effective to do it even when students are in class so they can go back and review what they learned!

    I think that you have learned a few things about podcasting. Hopefully this was good experience.

    Good post Nell,
    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete