Sunday, February 6, 2011

Blog Assignment 3

Michael Wesch: A Vision of Students Today

The video "A Vision of Students Today" bu Michael Wesch is a great video! I personally think that everyone agrees with this video, I most certainly do. This video absolutely shows us how people look at college today. It is no fun and some even think that it is a waste of time and what they are learning is not even helpful. They spend more time using technology then opening their books and studying. Some even think that what they are paying for such as books should not be done. I love the way that he made this video. It really makes a huge point.
I think that technology can help us, ABSOLUTELY! I think that it can save education as a whole and really get people excited about learning and knowing that they are learning for the future!!! As teachers we need to help make technology make a difference is education for learners so that this problem will not continue to happen!

"It's Not About the Technology" by Kelly Hines

I think that Kelly Hines makes some very good points in her post that she made about "It's Not About the Technology. I also believe that it is not all about the technology although I do think that it is a very big part to it. Kelly Hines makes four points:
Her four points are: first, teachers must be learners. Her second point is learning and teaching are not the same thing. Her third point is, technology is useless without good teaching and the final and fourth point that she talks about is, how to be a 21st century teacher without technology! Check out her post:
http://eduratireview.com/2009/04/its-not-about-technology.html/
It makes some very good points!!!

Karl Fisch: Is It Okay to Be A Technologically Illiterate Teacher?

Karl Fisch made some many great points in this blog post. I suggest that you read this post. He is very strong in his opinion of technology. Check it out: http://thefischbowl.blogspot.com/2007/09/is-it-okay-to-be-technologically.html

Gary Hayes Social Media Count

So, I just read and looked at Gary Hayes' Social Media Count. I have one word to say WOW. This absolutely blew my mind. I can believe it but then again I was like are you serious? I think that these numbers show how fast technology is growing and how this generation is so much about technology!!! This was very eye opening to me and I thought it was fantastic.
http://www.personalizemedia.com/garys-social-media-count/

this is a picture on technology and learning

1 comment:

  1. Nell,

    Kelly Hines and Karl Fisch both make excellent points concerning the use of technology. I strongly agree with Fisch when he states that teachers who are not technologically literate are like teachers who could not read 50 years ago. Technology can make a huge difference, and as educators, we need to find the best resources for our students. The way in which we conduct our classes can make a huge difference. I believe the use of technology in the classroom is a great idea, and I will definitely be using the resources that are available to me.

    ReplyDelete