Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blog Assignment #2

Did you know? 

I just watched the video "Did You Know 3.0" by Karl Fisch and Scott McLeod on YouTube. I think that this video is filled with fun and outstanding facts that I did not know. I love this video because it shows us how rapid technology is growing! I think that it portrays where we are going with technology. Technology has grown greatly, it absolutely blows my mind. I knew that technology was definitely growing but I never thought the numbers to be that big. To me it has its good and negative aspects of it. I think that technology is very useful and helps us out big time but then again I feel like everywhere we turn it is based on some type of aspect of technology and in my opinion I do think that we need to bring technology into schools more so that the students can learn in a way that is interesting to them, but also I do not think that the world should be based on technology because to me there are more important things in life then the focus on technology. Karl Fisch and Scott McLeod did an outstanding job on their video!


Mr. Winkle Wakes

This video "Mr. Winkle Wakes" by Mathew Needleman is very great video, I like it! This video shows us that Mr. Winkle wakes up 100 years later and how many things have changed. It shows that technology has changed a lot of things like schools, jobs, and hospitals. The part that I like a lot is it shows that education, which is extremely important, probably the most important has stayed the same. I  love that! I do think that we do need to bring technology in schools as I stated about in my "Did You Know?" summary. I think that technology would be very helpful to students to where they will learn at a pace they enjoy and learn with something that this generation knows a lot about, technology!

The Importance of Creativity

Sir Ken Robinson in this video, makes many very imortant points in my opionon. In this video he talks about education and creativity. He says that all students have extreme talents. He uses an example of a little girl drawing God. With this girl, the teacher said that she was not paying attention but clearly she had talent with art and drawing. Kids take chances obviously and I think that creativity is the part of it all, children are very curious and will do anything to figure it out. I absolutely love this video because it shows us that education today is taking out creativity greatly. For example, schools mainly focus on math, science, history, english. I do think these are very important but they need to focus on other things because it seems like students think they are stupid and teachers think they are not capable of anything if they do not do well. Teachers should not shut their students out and make the students feel like they are not smart or not going to be successful. I completely disagree with how some teachers( I'm not saying all) make students feel, its like some belittle them. I think that God made each and everyone of us with talents and many gifts.Robinson states that "education is taking out creativity", I think this is not how it should be and I think that creativity should be one of the main things in education. It should not be like what edcation is coming to in that aspect, because as the teachers job they need to definitely make sure each and everyone of there students feels like they are succeeding in a way. Everyone has gifts, Some students might be better at different things than other students, that is just how life is. One student might not be good at math and  might be come a mathemitician, but that student that is not good at math might be a phenominal dancer and musician, when the student that was great at math cannot carry a beat or play a tune. I think that this really shows that we need to be putting creativity into education because it is the basis of learning!!! This video is awesome!!!

Cecelia Gault Interviews Sir Ken Robinson

Cecelia Gault is a young women who is a student from Finalnd.This article has many great points! It really shows that The United States really needs to step up their game in the means of education, creativily and technilogically. The video underneath this article is a video where Cecelia Gault is interviewing Sir Ken Robinson. I think that creativity and each persons individual talents are what is important in edcation, not if we made a A+ or if we have a 4.0 GPA. I think that we really need to pay attention more on how everyone can be succesful through the arts and through ideas. I think that this can be used through technology greatly! This interview and article is great!

Harness Your Students' Digital Smarts

I absolutely LOVE this video!!! Vicki Davis teaches her students through technology and knows that EVERY student can learn! I absolutely agree! Everyone can learn! I love how she looks at each students strengths and weaknesses and ties that into technology and how they can connect with people all over the world! I love how they expierence this first hand and it is a very successful way to learn and connect to the world! This is how education should be!





2 comments:

  1. Yes, we all have different talents. It seems to me, however, that our emphasis on standardized tests as the sole measurement of success undermines the attempt to let each person's talents come to the fore.

    What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for watching Mr. Winkle Wakes and for your comments.

    ReplyDelete