Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Comment for Kids Summary 7,8,9,10

The comment for kids 7 assignment for me was Mr. McClung's Class and Skyping with Mr. Webb Class. This post was about Mr. McClung's Arkansas class skyping with Mr. Webb's New Zealand class. I think that this is great because their students are learning in a fun way and about different areas of the world. Arkansas and New Zealand are so far apart and using skype to learn is a great tool. I enjoyed having the opportunity to being assinged to this blog.

The comment for kids 8 assignment for me was in the Year 6L Class. I was assigned to the comment about how they are learning math different ways. I responded my telling them that i am a student in dr stranges edm 310 class and how i loved reading their blog and other posts and loved reading the one i was assigned too and think it is great that they are learning math in fun different ways while enjoying it !

I was recently assigned to Mrs. Yollis' class for my comment for kids assignment number 9. After reading her blog thoroughly and seeing how she interacts with her students and how her students use blogging it really assured me and made me realize that I definitely want to use a blog in my classroom with the kids I am teaching in the future. She is extremely organized with her blog. She not only interacts with her students in a positive, life-changing way in my opinion, but she interacts with the students parents and with classrooms around the world. When I was looking, reading, searching Mrs. Yollis' blog, I have the privlegde to read about her and her background and what she lies to enjoy out of the classroom also. I got to also meet her "bloggers" and read what ehr third graders enjoy. They live in Los Angeles and I even got to "Learn About California" watching a slide show with pictures and facts about California. She has a video on How to Comment on her class blog giving detailed instructions, which makes it easier for new bloggers and follewers learn how to comment properly on Mrs. Yollis' blog. She has a link on "Learn HTML Code" which thouroughly gives instructions on using the HTML code and was actually even very helpful to me. Like I mentioned earlier about how she interacts with classrooms all around the world, Mrs. Yollis even has a list of time zones of different places to whom her and her students interact with. She also has videos of her students showing other how to learn to shoot great digital images. Mrs. Yollis has fun games and homework links to click on also. I was really intrigued by her blog and inspired in numerous ways. Reading her blog has definitely made it an eye opener to me that I want to be a teacher who interacts my students with blogging.

My most recent kid I was assinged to was Jaden. Jaden is a third grader in Mrs. Yollis' class. I commented on his post about his mascot Mr. California. Mr. California was a chipmunk and had the opportunity to post a comment on Jaden's blog. We even got to read about what Mr. California's hobbies were and who his friends were. I thought that this was a very creative idea.

picture of blogging

No comments:

Post a Comment