Sunday, April 17, 2011

Blog Post Assignment 12

1. Watch this video on 21st Century Education. (5:36)
2. After watching this very interesting video on education and how technology is changing rapidly, share your thoughts on this video and your feedback.

I created this assignment thinking that this video was extremely interesting.
"21st Century Education"
This video was a great video! I think that it shows how much "the future is accelerating" Yes, the future is accelerating and it is accelerating very quickly. This video makes specific examples and points showing how much it has changed in such a short period of time. I loved when it said; education is about adapting to a changing world because that is so very true on so many levels. I have younger siblings and cousins and I will tell you when I was their age I was not doing what they are doing in the classroom, they are adapting to a changing world with education like this video portrays but yes, how we teach and how we learn do need to make a turn and make a turn for the better. I think this video is great because it is showing how schools in New Brunswick, Canada are already making that change, but ALL schools around the world need to make this change!


this is a picture of the world and a computer portraying technology with the world

2 comments:

  1. This is very good and it fits with the class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nell-

    I agree with you, I was definitly not doing what the children today are doing in the classroom! I am excited for our future children and hope to integrate technology in the classroom as often as possible. I hope to take some grant writing seminars so I can get a laptop for each student in my classroom, if they do not already have one.

    Good luck in EDM310!

    Your fellow classmate,
    Christina Henson

    ReplyDelete