Sunday, April 10, 2011

Blog Post Assignment 10

An Open Letter To Educators

I think that this post and Dan Browns' video was absolutely excellent. I like what Morgan said about how he too feels cheated in the University system. Because I can relate to that and I think most of us can. I will have to say that spending your money on books that we never open and not interating with classmates gets old and that IT NEEDS TO CHANGE. My expierence here in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class has taught me a lot. I will be honest and go ahead and say that I have met people in this class and have interacted with many students in my class and labs and I have never interacted so much in a class in my education at the University of South Alabama as I have in this class and I LOVE IT and it has shown me and helped me out a lot. Now to the video, it started off talking about the beginning of education to the education now and how we can access that informtaion and who could get that information and education were the upper social class and now due to the internet everyone can access the information they want to know about through the internet and how fast the internet age has rapidly grown. Also professors are not concerned about there students as a whole or individually. Just as Dr. Strange said on the first day of class the burp back information we memorize a bunch of information but are not actually learning it just to get a grade that we are satisfied with. THIS HAS TO GO!!!!! Teaching and Learning has to change!!!

Tom Johnson's "Don't Let Them Take Pencils Home"

This post really inspired me. I do feel like that as future teachers that we need to focus on other things than taking away students pencils. I really feel like as teachers we need to step up the plate and me more interactive with our students. I really enjoyed this post and think that this had a extremely good message!

picture of pencils

1 comment:

  1. Late
    "I will be honest and go ahead and say that I ... have interacted with many students in my class and labs and I have never interacted so much in a class in my education at the University of South Alabama as I have in this class and I LOVE IT..." Great!

    Yes, burp-back education "HAS TO GO!!!!!"

    You were a week late with your post and still missed the metaphor? Are you reading the Class Blog regularly? It does not appear that you are.

    ReplyDelete