Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Blog Post Assignment 9

"What I've Learned This Year" by Mr. McClung

In this post I really enjoyed reading it. It was very inspiring and it shows that teachers also learn so much in the classroom while they are teachers. He makes make remarkable comments, He starts off by saying that he has learned so much in his first year of teaching and that he did not really know what to think and expect because he was not fully "expierenced". One part of his post was titled "How to Read a Crowd" this paragraph was him basically talking about how that some teachers do not make their classrooms and lessons focused on their students so that they can succeed. He has learned this year how to connect with the crowd and his students. One paragraph is titled "Be Flexible." In this paragraph he is talking about how we need to be flexible with the students and basically meaning we need to be patient. I agree with this because not everyone is perfect and students are there to learn so we need to be flexible with them and if they need help then help them. Communication is a huge key in teaching successfully. McClung talks about how communication is a must and a major factor and that it seems to be easy but it is a task that takes some practice, but we all need to learn how to communicate! He also talks about how we need to be resonable and how we are there to teach and to pick the students up not to make them seem like they have failed. I love this part of his post, because I truly think that we are not here to beat the students up when they are wrong and make them feel like failures but if they do make a mistake just have them try again until they succeed and make them feel worthy and that they are smart!!! He then goes along and talks about how we do not need to be afraid of technology, well absolutely we do not! Technology is a great thing for learning. Listening to students is a KEY! I love the part where one of his students says that Mr. McClung cares about him because he listened to him! That is amazing! He concludes with Never Stop Learning! This is one of my favorite posts that I have read this year. I absolutely love it!

 this is a picture I got that says stay postive, which is in reference to my post

1 comment:

  1. Langdon,

    I am so happy to hear that you loved this post, and I think it is great that it is one of your favorites. I can really tell that you learned a lot from Mr. McClung, and I know from some experience how true all of these things are. The advice Mr. McClung has given us is extremely valuable, and we should definitely use it when we are teachers. I also love this post, and he has written another one if you haven't already read it.

    ReplyDelete