Monday, March 21, 2011

Blog Post Assignment 8

This is How We Dream Part 1 and Part 2

We are living in change as also discussed in this video. He says that it is time to changed to be engaged in literacy. He spent his time in how we write, where we work, how we research and where we publish. Where we work now is with multimedia. Technology is growing rapidly, we can go on the web and within seconds we can get results. We are in a time where it is possible to collaborate using technology.

Creativity and collabration is very interesting and where we work now is with digital enviornment. He discusses where there is going to be a time where we will be using digital composing material. Technology is a way to put ideas in our culture. There needs to be a way that we can teach in the way that the world we live in. These two videos are very interesting. The goal of the technology, is it makes it possible to make our dreams and share them with others.

Are you prepared to write with multimedia. Well, I am going to be honest I think that the way that technology is growing is we have so much more to learn. I do not think I am 100 percent prepared to write with multimedia but I am learning more and more and I believe that by the time I am a teacher, I hope to be completely prepared to write with multimedia so that my students will be able to do this. I think my students will be able to do this in the time that we live in and how much we are learning about technology and how fast it is growing.

The Chipper Series
This video shows a student with Mr. Strange and she basically is going downhill taking adventure after adventure because she does not want to take responsibility, but at the end she has a change of heart and realizes pretty much for her to suceed that she is going to have to change and take responsibility.
EDM 310 For Dummies
This is a video of students that are going aboslutely crazy because of this class and how they hate this class. They creating EDM 310 For Dummies and discuss how to be successful in this class and at the end talks about how they would not have been able to do any of this without EDM 310.
The idea in my post that I can think of that I would like to particiapte in would be making a video with a group of what we have learned in this class and our EDM 310 journey. I think that it would be fun anf creative.

Learning to Change, Change to Learn
I think that the arguments in this video are great. They just want to improve the classroom and make a change. These people who are talking in this video show great concern about the classroom and how our students learn. This video is described as "Distinguished individuals in education discuss the need for change in the classroom." Yes absolutely there is a need for change in the classroom. I love this video and agree with their ideas.

RSA Animate- The Secret Powers of Time
This video is basically saying that we are future oriented. When we make a decision about the future its going to affect us. He talks about people that live in the past and the future and makes the point that time influences who we are. This video is all about time and it affects us greatly and what we learn in the world. I think that this video is great.

RSA Animate - Drive: The surprising truth about what motivates us
This video is described as " illustrates the hidden truths behind what really motivates us at home and in the workplace." This is so very true and this video makes points that are very interesting. Yes, I completely think that stuff that happens "behind the scenes" in a way really has affect on what motiviates us a person, and what goes on at home and in your personal life but also as in the professional life. This video is great.

this is a picture of a teacher using the smartboard to teach their students, this is they way we need to be taught we need to bring more technology to the classroom

2 comments:

  1. I want to comment on the post you wrote about This is How We Dream. I like what you wrote and can tell you watched and learned from the video. I agree about the fact that we have so much to learn about writing with multimedia. Technology is advancing everyday and it is hard to stay on top, but we must keep learning and better preparing ourselves for what is to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea for a video. get a group together and do it for Project 16.

    ReplyDelete