Sunday, May 1, 2011

Blog Post 14

Why did I miss the metaphor in Tom Johnson's post? Well, I have no clue as to why I missed the metaphor. I understand them and use them frequently, as we all do. I guess I missed it because it did not seem clear to me and I think that the others in the class missed the metaphor for the same reason, they use them and understand them but it just completely passed us to where we did not understand it completely. Since my teacher Dr. Strange addressed this point to us about missing the metaphor in Tom Johnson's post, I have come across many metaphors Many people use them everyday and I understand them, so as to why I did not catch the point in Tom Johnson's post, I just do not know. As educators, we can get our students to do exercises with metaphors more frequently to make sure our students understand them better and fully. We use metaphors in many ways to make a point and use a figure of speech. I feel like metaphors is just a way we communicate and is a way to shape what we mean and make a point of what we mean.

a

No comments:

Post a Comment